Welcome to Korg Australia.
Musiclink is the exclusive distributor of KORG in Australia. This web site contains useful Korg information about products, new product releases, technical support, contact details, Korg repairers, warranty, and more. If you would like to be kept well informed about Korg products, events, and promotions, please make sure you sign up to our E-News. Simply create a Music Link "User Account" and then you can subscribe to our Audio Technology E-News emails, which will contain regular information about Korg. You can also register your Korg product purchases, get technical support, and manage your personal contact details, at any time.
Click here to create an account.
You can also buy Korg accessories at our on line shop
iKaossilator for iPhone
The original gadget instrument Korgs palm-sized KAOSSILATOR synthesizer is now available as an iPhone app!
Korg has revolutionized the musical instrument world with their dynamic line of Kaoss products, using an intuitive X-Y Touchpad to provide expressive musical control. The palm-sized KAOSSILATOR synthesizer placed modern music-making in the hands of thousands of musicians and non-musicians alike. Now that same excitement has been captured in the iKaossilator app for iPhone!
Click here to read more.
WINTER NAMM 2011 - WHAT'S NEW FROM KORG
It's NAMM time again and we've got the latest offerings from Korg for you. New releases include:
The Game Has Been Changed
KRONOS is more than a new instrument. It is a milestone in synthesis and workstation evolution; one that embodies fresh ideas and breakthrough technologies. KRONOS brings together multiple sound engines working in harmony and new interactive performance features that reflect the way musicians play. Most importantly, KRONOS provides a seemingly inexhaustible supply of breathtaking, spectacular sounds. Prepare to be amazed.
- Next-generation workstation with enhanced performance features
- 9 Sound engines, each offering a unique sound-creation technology (see list below)
- 16-part Combis allow all engines to function together in perfect harmony;
Dynamic Voice Allocation keeps the polyphony high.
- Available with 61, 73 or 88 keys
73 and 88 key models feature Korg's finest RH3 Graded Hammer Action
61 key model borrows the responsive synth action from the Korg M3-61
- Comprehensive interface, based around a new large 8" TFT TouchView display
- Virtual Memory Technology (VMT), aided by a fast SSD (Solid State Disk) provides high polyphony and massive, ultra-long, and unlooped samples; offering unheard of performance from a hardware instrument
- Smooth Sound Transition: this often-requested feature allows held or sustained notes to keep sounding when changing sounds or modes.
- Set List mode: Organize the Programs, Combis, and Songs you need to perform your set in a single, easy-to-select screen - including performance notes!
- Use up to 16 premium-quality effects at once; individual effects rival dedicated units
- 12 Insert effects
- 2 Master effects
- 2 Total effects
- On-board sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks + 16 audio tracks (24-bit, 48kHz recording quality)
- Open Sampling System - Instant sampling and resampling from any mode:
Program, Combination or Sequencer.
- Sophisticated KARMAŽ technology generates infinitely variable performance-driven phrases, musical effects, and backing tracks to catalyse your creativity
- Expanded Drum Track for play-along grooves and inspiration
- Signature sounds created with guidance from world class musicians
Pa3X - Professional Arranger Workstation
The Korg Pa Series has a new flagship: the Pa3X, the most realistic, powerful, and easy-to-use arranger workstation ever produced. For years, Korg's Pa Series has been the most respected, envied and successful line of interactive arranger workstations on the planet.
- 1,100 World-class sounds; including new sounds from Korg's SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano
- More than 90 Drum Kits, plus Korg's Ambient Drums
- Over 400 factory Styles; each with 4 variations and 4 Fill In + Break; plus User locations
- Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts
- Chord Sequencer function records any chord progression on-the-fly
- Up to 8 Stereo Effects at once, including flexible Master and Insert routing for Styles and songs. New Vintage Effects from the acclaimed SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano
- New TC Helicon Vocal Processor (VoiceLive2 derived) with dedicated professional effects
- Adaptive Mic Setting automatically sets the best EQ/Compressor/Gate
- Professional Final Mastering tools from "Waves" audio plugins "Maxx" Suite
- Three assignable switches, a four-way joystick, and our unique ribbon strip ensure total control for the many available levels of sound articulation (DNC)
- Choose either 61 keys or 76 semi-weighted keys; both with velocity and aftertouch
- TouchView TFT display; 76-key model features a motorized tilting display
- New Double MP3/MIDI files player and recorder with Advanced Vocal Remover
- Enhanced compatibility with Lyrics in graphical format for MIDI files and MP3 files
- New Audio Chord Detection function automatically extracts chords from MP3 files to send to the Vocal Processor
KAOSS PAD QUAD
Create your own combination of Kaoss effects, simultaneously controlling up to four effects using a single fingertip! Introducing the Kaoss Pad Quad -Kaoss control evolved to a whole new level.
- Brilliant, colourful LED touchpad illuminations move in sync with your performance
- Control multiple effects in real-time using the intuitive Kaoss X-Y touchpad
- Create your own Kaoss combinations and use up to 4 effects at once
- Choose one of 5 effects from each of 4 effect groups; a total of 1,295 combinations!
- Freeze button holds the effect settings after you release your finger, for dazzling hands-free use
- Versatile and highly playable effects control, delivering unimaginable expression
- New Looper effects add new audio intensity:
Forward - Plays a phrase in a loop
RevLooper - Plays the looped phrase backward
LoopSlicer - Play a specific portion of the phrase
- Mix it up with new DJ emulation including Vinyl Break and Ducking Compressor
Slide your finger to simulate the scratch sounds of a turntable
Hold your finger on the touchpad without moving it to slow the playback to a stop
Ducking Compressor can boost the sound level during off-beats of the kick drum
- Auto BPM engine detection and Tap Tempo functions keep your Kaoss locked to the beat
- Inputs include a Microphone/Instrument input and a Line In
Effect Modules and Types:
Looper Module: Looper, Rev Looper, Loop Slicer, Grain Shifter, Vinyl Break
Mod Module: Dist, Decimator, Ducking Comp, Flanger, Phaser
Filter Module: LPF, HPF, BPF+, Jet, Pitch Shifter
Delay/Rev Module: 1Delay, Delay, Tape Echo, Reverb, Delay Reverb
PANDORA mini - Personal Multi Effect Processor
The highly-acclaimed PANDORA - now in miniature!
Anytime, anywhere, play that song on your guitar or bass
with your favourite set of effects.
- Ultra-compact, pocket-size multi-effect designed for both guitar and bass
- Powered by "REMS" modeling technology
- 200 preset programs (including song presets)
- 200 user program locations for storing your own sounds
- 158 types of amazing amps and effects
- Use up to seven effects at once
- 100 different rhythm patterns plus a built-in metronome; ideal for composing and practice
- AUX input for jamming along to your favourite songs on CD, MP3, etc;
Ability to change the pitch of the Aux input by } one octave
- TAP button makes it easy to set the delay time or the tempo of the Rhythm
- Four program memory buttons allow one-touch recall of your favourite programs
- Auto-tuner with muting
- Backlit LCD screen ensures good visibility, even in dim locations
- Stylish body, available in either black or white
- Sound editing software; edit sounds and manage programs from your computer
(available for download from the Korg website)
- Two-way power: battery or USB bus power
microPIANO - Digital Piano
microPIANO - compact and stylish, this grand piano is always at your fingertips.
Korg's microPIANO digital piano is charming, conveniently sized, and designed like a grand piano - complete with an opening lid! Small in size, the microPIANO features our expressive 61-key Natural Touch mini-keyboard, carefully designed to provide true playability. The piano-style keys display a square front with an over-hanging lip, projecting a true sense of quality. The bold, smooth grand piano sound uses the same stereo samples as Korg's flagship digital pianos, generating full-bodied tones with depth and character, providing pure piano enjoyment. The compact and lightweight body, together with built-in speakers and the option of battery power, means that your microPIANO can be enjoyed any time, any place; just turn it on and play! Use the headphone jack to practice in private.
Stylish and compact, the microPIANO will enhance your living space simply by its presence. Select one of three pleasing lid colours and finishes: chic Black or vivid Red, both with a high-quality mirror finish; or a stylish White.
Wavedrum Oriental - Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer
The limited edition Wavedrum Oriental, which offers all of the sounds from the original Wavedrum, plus a full range of algorithms and PCM samples dedicated to Arabic percussion. All of these sounds faithfully simulate the distinctive ways in which the tone is affected by subtle nuances in playing technique and the position of the strike on these acoustic instruments - the Darbuka with its thin single skin, the Riq with its single skin and jingles, and the dual-skinned Bendir. As the standard-bearer of a new musical movement, or as the perfect instrument for the percussionist seeking a broader range of sounds, the Wavedrum Oriental will deliver performances that are both traditional and creative.
nanoSERIES2 - Slim-line USB-MIDI Controllers
Announcing the new nanoSERIES2; three compact and convenient USB-MIDI controller models offering serious features for the computer-based musician
Each of the nanoSERIES2 of ultra-compact and low-profile USB-MIDI controllers will fit perfectly in front of your laptop computer or desktop keyboard, offering impressive control while conserving valuable set-up space. Simply connect a single USB cable, and you've got a music production studio on your desk at home or on the go.
The nanoKEY2 is equipped with 25 velocity-sensing keys and an advanced design for reliable recording. For entering drum parts, the nanoPAD2 is the top choice. It boasts 16 responsive pads and an X-Y touchpad, just as on the KAOSSILATOR PRO. The nanoKONTROL2 provides knobs, switches, and faders - perfect for controlling any DAW computer based DAW or numerous types of other music production software. Choose one, two or all three nanoSERIES2 controllers, and set up a simple and stylish system that's perfect for your music production needs.
Each of the three nanoSERIES2 models is available in your choice of bold Black or bright White. Choose the colour that's right for you - match your computer, contrast your console - it's all up to you!
Audio Gate - FREE Download
Korg are releasing its powerful AudioGate software for free for all music creators and listeners alike on November 15. This file conversion, editing, and authoring software had previously only been available bundled with Korg's acclaimed MR series of DSD recorders.
DSD has been the best choice to archive recordings. It is now going to become the best choice to distribute these recordings at the highest quality and flexibility. Even if users are not intending to release an SACD or a DSD-Disc, it is the best format for archiving, since it holds super-high sampling rate and can be easily down converted into any format at the highest quality available.
With the release of AudioGate v2.1 which is virtually free for anyone, it now becomes the best format for audio file distribution to give you the freedom to listen to the music with any player they own at the highest sound quality possible.
Korg microSAMPLER - More Banks for your Buck!
The latest addition to the Korg "micro" series serves up sampling with a powerful performance punch! The microSAMPLER delivers multi-mode sampling, resampling, Pattern Sequencing and over-the-top effects - and all under a fun-to-use intuitive interface. More than just a sampler, the microSAMPLER is a complete sound design studio for creating up-to-the minute loops and phrases.
Enjoy a massive infusion of sound with the microSAMPLER Bonus Sample Pack!
Now your friends at Korg have gone even further to kick-start your sampling experience. Presenting the microSAMPLER Bonus Sample Pack. Korg's world-class sound team has gone ahead and put together banks and banks of inspiring sounds, all ready to load and play in your microSAMPLER today! Imagine classic Korg keyboards, vintage synths, and coveted drum machines. Enjoy up-to-the-minute grooves and classic beats spanning a world of styles from hip-hop, electronic, rock, Drum N Bass, and way more. Best of all, they're free.
Download: PC/MAC: microSAMPLER Bonus Sample Pack
New Korg Products
The perfect choice for controlling your computer music software in production or in performance. The microKEY is slim, lightweight, USB powered and compatible with all of you computer music software; use it to create your own compact and customized command center.
Click here for full info.
KORG AW2U UKULELE TUNER
Korgs new AW-2U dedicated ukulele clip-on tuner. The indispensable accessory for Ukulele players everywhere.
Click here for full info.
KORG TM40PW Pearl White
Korg tuners and metronomes are acclaimed around the world for their extremely high accuracy and superb features. The TM-40 combines these two functions into a single compact easy-to-use unit and is now available in a pearl white finish.
Click here for full info.
KORG WAVEDRUM LIMITED EDITION IN BLACK
Now the WAVEDRUM is available in a limited edition black colour. Featuring an unmistakably premium look, the Wavedrum Black is finished with a solid black metallic rim and an exclusive BLACK SUEDE Remo drum head projecting a totally different vibe than the cool aura of the original silver scheme. With the limited edition Wavedrum Black, you'll find yourself inspired to perform more powerfully than ever before.
Click here for full info.
KORG SP170RD IN RED
Clean, compact, and light-weight yet delivering full-fledged sound this impressive instrument will transform your everyday piano playing into hours of enjoyment. The SP-170 Digital Piano Piano, pure and simple. Now available in red!
Click here for full info.
PS60 - Performance Synthesizer
Designed for the gigging or soon to be gigging musician, the affordable Korg PS60 delivers premium sounds and professional effects in an easy-to-use package. Heavy on hardware, the PS60's new dedicated performance controls keep all the needs of the performer close at hand.
Click here for full info.
microSTATION - Micro Synthesizer with sequencer
Designed to satisfy the beginning musician or the accomplished keyboardist, the microSTATION offers unprecedented portability, the stunning sound of Korg's EDS-i synth engine, phenomenal effects, plus new and easy-to-use sequencing tools. Audition riffs make finding just the right sound a breeze.
Click here for full info.
Monotron - Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer
Kept popular by dance and electronic artists, this legendary MS-20 filter came back to life using the Component Modeling Technology in Korg's Legacy software collections. Now you can experience the glorious, evocative MS-20 filter along with true analog synthesis in Korgs new monotron Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer!!
Click Here for full info.
MR2 - High-Resolution Mobile Recorder
The highest fidelity recording, right in the palm of your hand. With it, you'll never miss a musical moment, whether it's a band rehearsal, performance, concert, your own personal practice or any event, for that matter. While no other hand held recorder can match the MR-2's DSD fidelity, recordings made on the MR-2 can be converted into nearly any multi-bit format for use on any project and within any DAW software/hardware platform.
Click here for full info.
KORG SOUND on SOUND Unlimited Track Recorder
Creativity without limitations
Capture and preserve all of your inspired moments with the SOUND on SOUND Unlimited Track Recorder. Completely self-contained, the SOS allows an unlimited number of overdubs, delivers generous effects, provides dozens of rhythms and even a handy chromatic tuner.
- Pocket-sized, portable, and battery powered, the SOUND on SOUND multitrack recorder provides on-board rhythms, effects, and an infinite number of overdubs for truly creative recordings
- With the built-in speaker and an internal high-quality stereo mic, you can capture and review your recordings instantly, without the need for any additional equipment
- Advanced recording features include unlimited undo/redo, loop recording, and Sound Stretch - adjust the playback speed without changing the pitch
- 100 on-board effects - powered by Korg's proprietary REMS technology - to enhance your recordings using a wide range of instruments
- Record along to 50 preset rhythm patterns, covering a broad variety of styles
- Record and save up to 200 songs in WAV format
- High-performance guitar, bass, and chromatic tuners are built in
- Records up to ten hours on a pair of AA batteries
- Wedge-shaped design is easy to use as a hand-held recorder or on a desktop
- KORG AUDIO UTILITY software provides format conversion and audio CD creation. Downloadable free from Korg.com
Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer/Loop Recorder
Announcing the KAOSSILATOR PRO - a supercharged version of the palm-sized KAOSSILATOR, reborn as a powerful track-making tool and loaded with live performance power.
As a trailblazer among the "instrumental gadgets" that allowed anyone to easily create melodies and phrases, the KAOSSILATOR gained a strong and dedicated user base, even among those without any performing experience. Today, the KAOSSILATOR continues to be enormously popular. Retaining these revolutionary features - while adding a wide variety of new ones as well - is the new KAOSSILATOR PRO. With 200 sound programs, a new Electribe-inspired gate arpeggiator, and four loop recording banks that can even record external audio sources, the KAOSSILATOR PRO is packed with features that make it ideal for both live performance and premium productions. In addition, USB connectivity with your computer and SD card memory storage allow the KAOSSILATOR PRO to be used not just for improvised performances, but also as a superbly intuitive, track-making music production tool.
- KAOSS X-Y touchpad offers intuitive, realtime control
- 200 sounds covering modern synth sounds such as lead and bass, and diverse acoustic sounds from piano to trumpet and beyond
- PCM samples provide dramatic drum kits and ready to rock percussion patterns
- Vocoder programs deliver scintillating vocal effects
- Access up to eight of your favorite sounds instantly using the assignable Program Memory buttons
- Loop Recording can layer both internal Program sounds and external audio overdubs
- Four Loop Record Banks each allow up to four measures of loop recording, with easy muting that allows expressive realtime layering and DJ-Style re-mixing - ideal for live performance.
- Gate Arpeggiator repeatedly triggers sounds in sync with the tempo. The slider controls either the gate time or gate speed.
- Choose a key and select one of 31 musical scales to easily create musical phrases. Limit the X-Y pad's note range for even more control
- Loop data, user settings and Program Memories can be stored on SD card
- Dedicated software lets you manage loop data, MIDI assignments, and user settings from your computer
- Performs double-duty as a MIDI controller for external equipment or software applications
Korg Announce Three Groundbreaking New Products
Korg have announced 3 new additions to their acclaimed product range:
Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano
The SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano contains the hippest, most in-demand and soul-satisfying keyboard sounds ever collected in a single instrument. Decades of electro-mechanical, transistorized, tape-driven, analog, and digital legends are joined by a collection of rich acoustic pianos, all reproduced with stunning realism in both 73 and 88 note versions.
UPDATES AVAILABLE: Click here to download updates for your Korg SV1
The microSAMPLER sampling keyboard is the latest addition to the Korg "micro" series and delivers multi-mode sampling, resampling, pattern sequencing and effects. More than just a sampler, the microSAMPLER is a complete sound design studio for creating up-to-the minute loops and phrases.
The original Korg WAVEDRUM amazed the music world back in 1994. This legendary musical instrument was instantly famous for its innovative design, performance possibilities, and unique sounds. Fifteen years later, the power-packed, affordable next-generation WAVEDRUM is here today and ready to make musical history.
Introducing the new Korg nanoSERIES. These USB-powered, slim-line controllers are designed to make the most of your valuable studio space, and are small enough to take with you on any musical journey. Place one in front of your laptop, rest one on your workstation, park one on a recording console - or anywhere else you need versatile control over your DAW, virtual instrument, effect or DJ software. Small in size, all three controllers go HUGE when it comes to functionality, yet their intuitive layouts provide extremely easy operation for any user.
The original microKORG is loved and used daily by musicians around the world from keyboardists to guitarists enabling everyone to experience the enjoyment of a great synthesizer. Now an advanced microKORG is available; a synthesizer that lets you generate your own personal sound, packing a cutting-edge sound engine and powerful effects into a compact, vintage-like body. Welcome the microKORG XL.
Weighing in at just fifteen pounds is the fiery new KORG M50, ready to take on all contenders! Incredible new sounds; fat & juicy combis, splits and layers; a plethora of ace effects; dynamic Drum Tracks; enhanced poly-arpeggiators; classic sequencing tools, a solid, confident keybed; up-to-date SD storage; companion editing software and our famous TouchView interactive display - it all adds up to an invigorating and sexy keyboard instrument that could only come from KORG.
KORG R3 - Synthesizer / Vocoder
AHEAD OF THE CURVE
Borrowing ultra low-aliasing modeling techniques from the OASYS, the Multi Modeling Technology (MMT) synth engine in the R3 exceeds common analog expectations and rapidly takes off for unchartered territories.
Click here to read more about the new Korg R3
Synthesizers and Modules
- PS60 - Performance Synthesizer
- microSTATION - Micro Synthesizer with sequencer
- Monotron - Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer
- iElectribe - iPad Application
- MicroKORG XL
- M50 Music Workstation
- OASYS - Open Architecture Synthesis Studio
- M3 - Music Workstation/Sampler
- X-50 - Music Synthesizer
- microX - Compact Synthesiser
- Radias - 24 voice synthesiser
- R3 - Synthesizer/Vocoder
Effects and Dance Tools
- Zero8 - Live Control Console
- Zero4 - Live Control Mixer
- KM402 - 4-Channel Dynamic DJ Mixer with integrated Kaoss Pad
- KM202 - 2 Channel Dynamic DJ Mixer with integrated Kaoss Pad
- KP3 KAOSS Pad - Dynamic Effect/Sampler
- mini-KP KAOSS Pad - Dynamic Effect Processor
- Kaossilator - Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer
- EMX1 - Electribe MX Music Production Station
- ESX1 - Electribe SX Music Production Sampler
Computer Audio Products
- Legacy Digital Collection
- KONTROL 49 - 49 Key MIDI Studio Controller
- microKONTROL - MIDI Studio Controller
Click here for Info on all of our Korg Artists
NEED MORE INFO?
Email us for more details on Korg.
Click here for details on Technical Support
Click here for Authorised Korg Repairers in Australia.